Carers Action Group
Would you like to be part of a group of carers who come together to raise issues and influence positive changes?
The Carers Action Group meets every two months, and new members are always welcome.
Next meeting: Weds 23 March from 10am to 12pm at Friends Meeting House, Friargate, followed by lunch. Please get in touch to book a place or know more, on email@example.com
What have the group been doing recently?
- Following up themes raised at the last What Matters to You event.
- Heard from Healthwatch about the new Integrated Care Systems and their report about access to dentistry.
- Input into the Healthwatch report about dementia.
- Raised issues related to errors with prescriptions.
- Input at meetings held to challenge City of York Council about Blue Badge parking and city centre access.
City Centre Access and Blue Badge Parking
Many of you may have heard about the council decisions affecting access to the city centre, blue badge parking being one key area which is causing many people to feel excluded from the centre of York.
We regularly hear about the negative impact this is having on disabled people and their carers, both practically and also the impact of not feeling listened to.
A number of organisations are challenging decisions and the way in which conclusions have been reached, and we are keen to ensure that carers’ voices continue to be included in the discussions, inputting whenever we can.
If you have any examples of how these issues affect you and your family please do let us know.