Plan for emergencies

If you look after someone over 18, who lives in the City of York, then you can apply for a Carers Emergency Card.

The scheme is for carers who may worry about what will happen to the person they care for if they (the carer) is taken ill or has an accident or another emergency to deal with. Both you and the person you care for will know that an emergency plan can be put into action at any time. Carers have said that this gives them peace of mind.  Find out more about the Carers Emergency Card scheme.

Help from other websites

Some national website also have information about planning for emergencies: