Volunteer with us
Would you like to use your skills and some of your time to help others?
We are always looking for people to join our enthusiastic, hard-working team of volunteers who provide essential support throughout York Carers Centre’s work.
What can you do to help?
We value the significant contribution that all our volunteers make – you can volunteer with us on a weekly or monthly basis, or just help out when you can.
We have a range of different opportunities for volunteers, all our current roles are listed on the York CVS Volunteers Hub.
What we offer:
- An induction and training programme with ongoing support
- The chance to gain new skills and develop your existing skills and knowledge
- The opportunity to make a positive contribution to the community in York
- A warm welcome to our professional, friendly and supportive team
- DBS check
- Policies and procedures to support you
“I have approached my new role with more confidence, a broader skill base and the significance of the carer perspective is always at the forefront of my mind. This is all due to the opportunities I was given whilst volunteering with the team, the volunteers and wonderful carers at York Carers Centre.” from placement student Emily.
To view all our current roles and apply, please visit York Volunteers Hub.
Please contact us if you’d like an informal chat about volunteering with us.