Volunteer with us
We are always looking for people to join our enthusiastic, committed hard-working team of volunteers who provide essential support throughout York Carers Centre’s work.
What can volunteers do to help?
We value the significant contribution that our volunteers make – you can volunteer with us on a weekly or monthly basis, or just help out when you can.
We have many different opportunities for volunteers, please see our Volunteer Vacancies page for current details.
What we offer volunteers:
- An induction and training programme with ongoing support
- The chance to gain new skills and develop your existing skills and knowledge
- The opportunity to make a positive contribution to the community in York
- A warm welcome to our professional, friendly and supportive team
- All expenses and DBS check paid
- Policies and procedures to support you
“Thank you for the opportunity to improve my office based skills. Volunteering in the York Carers Centre office definitely helped me to gain a very interesting new job” from a previous volunteer.
“I wanted to get in touch to say how grateful I am for the opportunities I was given at York Carers Centre. I have approached my new role with more confidence, a broader skill base and the significance of the carer perspective is always at the forefront of my mind. This is all due to the opportunities I was given whilst working with you, the team, the volunteers and wonderful carers at York Carers Centre.” from placement student Emily.
Volunteering can be a rewarding and positive experience, please contact us to be involved on 01904 715 490 or complete our Volunteer Application Form (below) and return it to email@example.com