– Planning for Tomorrow
In January we will be holding a new course for carers who would like information and support around an area which isn’t talked about much; what to consider when thinking about a caring role coming to an end and the loss of the person cared for.
The sessions will offer:
- Time and space to discuss this often difficult area.
- Legal, financial and practical information concerning end of life care.
- Discussion and involvement from relevant services who have information and experience to share.
- Considering life after a caring role and how it might be.
The aim of the course is to enable more confidence, choice and ease of mind in managing at a challenging time.
Throughout the sessions there will be opportunities to arrange individual conversations with a member of York Carers Centre staff.
What will we cover at each session:
- Thursday 13 January – come along for a cup of tea and a chat, and an opportunity to meet other carers and the staff involved and to flag up areas you would like to explore in the course.
- Thursday 27 January – Coping with change and end of life; self-care for the carer.
- Thursday 10 February – What legal, financial and practical supports are available.
- Thursday 17 February – Understanding loss and preparing for end of life care.
- Thursday 3 March – Considering your own way forward and making a personal support plan covering all areas.
When and where:
Friends Meeting House, Friargate
- From 10 to 11am on Thursday 13 January – Introductory session
- From 10 to 1pm on: Thursday 27 January, 10 February, 17 February, 3 March
How to book: 01904 715 490 or email email@example.com
Please get in touch if you would like to speak to us about the course and discuss whether it might be right for you.