Throughout December we’ll be offering the popular wreath-making sessions at all our three Hubs.
Join us for a chat, refreshments and the opportunity to make a beautiful festive wreath for your door.
Where and when:
- On zoom on Wednesday 8 December from 3 to 4pm (all materials will be provided to your door)
- York Youth Hostel Clifton, on Tuesday 14 December from 5.45 to 7.15pm
- Oaken Grove Community Centre, Haxby on Thursday 16 December from 2.45 to 4.15pm
Please get in touch to book your place. We recommend booking early as it’s always a popular event.
01904 715 190 or email@example.com
Free two hour session offering an introduction to York Carers Centre, and looking at how anyone in the community can identify and support unpaid carers:
- An opportunity for professionals to learn more about the support available for unpaid carers across the city.
- Increase understanding of carers, their role and its effect on their lives.
- Explore how professionals working in the health and social care field, or anyone in the community, can help to: identify carers early; recognise them as ‘partners’ in care; help carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing.
The sessions include a presentation from our Training Officer, sharing of information around current carer issues (such as Covid-19 and isolation), discussions, a quiz and sharing of links to carer films on YouTube. One of our volunteer carer champions shares her experience of caring, and what types of support can help.
Courses run regularly throughout the year, currently on Zoom.
To book contact Sam Varo at Vale of York CCG:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01904 551 773.
- Wednesday 26 January 2022
Sessions run from 10.30am to 12.30pm.