If you support someone with an addiction

Are you affected by a family member or friend’s drinking, drug use or gambling? If so we are here to help you.

We offer group and one to one support to anyone who is affected by substance misuse, this includes parents, partners, children, siblings, grandparents and friends.

Our two welcoming monthly support groups run on the first Tuesday and third Wednesday of each month.  Please see our calendar for details. 

Or please contact us on 01904 715490 or email enquiries@yorkcarerscentre.co.uk.


Links to other organisations


  • ADFAM are a national charity working to improve support for those affected by someone else’s substance use.  They provide information on their website for carers and families. They also support organisations like ours who work with carers and families.  Visit their website for information created for carers and families affected by someone else’s substance misuse.  ADFAM have produced a worksheet on boundaries which we have found useful in our work, the link to this is below.


  • Changing Lives offer support to anyone with a dependency to drugs and/or alcohol, and young people affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use.  A new strand of their work is the Changing Habits programme, a York service for people who have started to develop unhealthy drinking habits or whose alcohol consumption may be causing health or relationship problems, see more about Changing Habits. 





ADFAM-Boundaries-Worksheet.pdf08/08/2023101.89 KB Download